Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Vermont Wildlife Education Fund Student Art Competition

From the CVU Art Department: 

We are proud to announce that several CVU students entered the Vermont Wildlife Art competition. Not only did our students submit work, but they also took home the 1st, 3rd, and honorable mention spots. You can see the full list of winners here


1st Place - Shakeh H
., Grade 9, Champlain Valley Union

“The red eft played a huge role in my childhood. Its magnificent orange hue, its luminous transparent skin, and its large glassy eyes were and are a magical jewel in the forests of Vermont.”

Title: "Jewel of the forest"

Medium: Oils Size: h 20 inches X w 24 inches


3rd Place - Aren E., Grade 10, Champlain Valley Union

While driving home from babysitting, I narrowly avoided hitting a small rabbit. I was surprised but not too worried about it. Later in that same drive another bunny leaped in front of the car and froze. I slowed down but it was too late and I heard a thud and felt a small impact. I brought the car to a stop, got out and checked for the bunny. I did not see it, but I am pretty sure it did not survive the incident. I made this drawing to honor and remember that innocent bunny.


Gianna P., Grade 9. I chose to paint these fish because I go fishing a lot with my Dad. I think a lot times people forget how colorful Vermont fish really are because they are not ocean fish. They are very mysterious in the water. I wanted to paint them in watercolor to show how vibrant and colorful they really are!!!


Gianna P., Grade 9. I like to paint cardinals because of their color. I like how their color really pops against the snow in the winter time! Also, I like how they look a bit different in the brown trees in the spring!


Congratulations to these talented artists!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. We don't respond to comments and instead use our blog as a way of sharing our district's story and updates.

If you'd like to leave us a comment, we will see it. However, if you'd like a response, please use Let's Talk on our website to share your thoughts. www.cvsdvt.org

Thank you!